- Owatonna, MN
- Full Time
The primary role of the QC Inspector is to inspect all materials used in construction and observe the actual manufacture or assembly of products for conformance to company quality standards, specifications, and applicable building codes.
- Reads blueprints or work orders to learn about products.
- Checks all materials used in construction for conformity with specified grades or specifications and assures that all materials are used or installed in the proper manner.
- Checks rough opening measurements and floor plan layouts to assure conformity with plans and specifications.
- Assures that electrical wiring, HVAC and plumbing systems, and construction methods used conform with the construction prints applicable building codes.
- Documents and maintains all required records concerning inspection work activities and submits to appropriate individuals.
- Determines shipped loose items and transfers items to shipping lists and makes sure the items are of acceptable quality and included for transport.
- Makes final inspection of completed modules noting items missing, shortages or deficiencies, and alerts appropriate personnel.
- Affixes appropriate state, or other required labels or seals, to completed modules verifying that product meets or exceeds all applicable building code requirements.
- Uses discretion and good judgment in red-tagging products or any components to preclude costly shipping or production-line delays.
- Acquires and maintains a good working knowledge of all applicable building codes to facilitate the timely and efficient performance of inspection work activities.
- Performs production duties on incomplete projects during shutdown periods.
- Performs all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or tech school; or 1 year plus hands-on construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-year previous construction experience is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules procedure manuals and operating / maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read a measuring tape.
- Good Reasoning skills and ability to solve practical problems.
- Microsoft Suite – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Prolonged periods of standing, climbing ladders, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds at a time.
Above all else, our team members should have a positive attitude and be flexible as to job responsibilities. We have a collaborative, team-focused, and fast-paced environment and welcome team members who are interested in working for a progressive and innovative organization.
For additional information about Rise Modular, please visit our website at www.risemodular.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rise Modular is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or Federal laws.